E Under Eclipse
1. Download and install JRE http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/
* If you prefer you can manually download JRE from http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
2. Download and install Eclipse http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/
* Choose "Eclipse IDE for Java Developers". * "Install" it anywhere you want by just extracting it to some place on your hard drive. * You may want to create a shortcut to eclipse.exe for easier access on your desktop or in your start menu.
3. Download and install TortoiseSVN from http://tortoisesvn.net/downloads
* Alternatively you could use the command line SVN tool from http://subversion.tigris.org/project_packages.html
4. Create a new folder somewhere called E-Source.
* You can name the folder whatever you want, I will reference it as C:\E-Source from here on out.
5. Checkout E into E-Source.
1. Right-click E-Source and select "SVN Checkout...". 2. For the "URL of repository:" put: svn://svn.synchrona.org/erights/e/trunk/src 3. Leave the other settings defaulted to: * Unchecked only check out the top folder. * Unchecked omit externals. * Head revision. * Checkout directory C:\E-Source
6. Launch Eclipse via eclipse.exe in the folder you extracted eclipse to.
7. When the Workspace Launcher appears give it a location you would like it to store it's data files at for you.
* I DO NOT recommend choosing E-Source. * The default location of your Documents and Settings folder is reasonable. * Feel free to select the box to not ask you for a workspace again.
8. On the Eclipse welcome screen click the "Workbench" button on the right side.
* You should now see the Java IDE with a traditional GUI IDE looking environment.
9. File -> New -> Java Project.
1. Project Name: E 2. Contents: Create project from existing source 3. Contents Directory: C:\E-Source 4. Next 5. Wait a bit while it does it's thing.
10. New Java Project Java Settings:
1. Under the source tab at the bottom set the Default output folder to: E/classes 2. Click on E/jsrc in the top part of the Source tab and then click on "Configure inclusion and exclusion filters" from the details below. 3. Click "Add..." for Exclusion patterns and enter: **/.svn 4. Under the Libraries tab click "Add Class Folder..." 5. Check the box next to esrc and safej. 6. Click Finish. 7. When prompted to remove E\bin choose NO. Failing to do so will delete necessary files. 8. Wait a bit while it does it's thing.
11. Once back at the main IDE right-click on E in the Project Explorer and select Build Path -> Configure Build Path...
12. Under the Libraries tab click "Add Class Folder..." and check E/bin/resources.
13. Still under the Libraries tab click "Add JARs..." and add E/bin/win32/x86/swt.jar.
14. Click OK and your project should rebuild itself, this time the Problems tab will only show a bunch of warnnings but no errors.
15. Run -> Open Run Dialog...
1. Select Java Application and then click the New button above. 2. Name: My E Configuration 3. Project: E 4. Main class: Search...: Rune - org.erights.e.elang.interp 5. Apply. 6. Run.
* * In the bottom of your window you should see a ?, you can type 1 + 1 <enter> and it will tell you what that equals. :) *