Revision as of 17:33, 6 February 2008 by Ansible
This page contains some helpful tips for people who are planning on learning E.
Where to start
- You should have basic knowledge of Java and its class path system.
- Download and install E
- Read the Walnut - it is the most concise text on the E language and library.
- Bookmark the ELib api.
- Either download the E source or open the e.jar (for example with unzip) and take a look around.
- You can get information about E objects by using the help() method. For example, open rune and enter:
You will get information about the ConstList class and its methods.
- Syntax-props-default.txt contains information about various language constructs not explained elsewhere at this point. In the E distribution, it is stored as:
- The source also contains a number of emakers that can be used when developing programs. For example: