Latest revision as of 03:52, 7 August 2011
Every normal object responds to these miranda messages; miranda methods are provided for them.
- __conformTo(guard :Guard) :any
- __getAllegedType() :TypeDesc
- __getPropertySlot(property :String) :Slot
- __optSealedDispatch(brand :any) :any
- __optUncall() :Portrayal
- __order(verb :Verb, args :List) :Tuple[any, any]
- __printOn(out :TextWriter) :void
- __reactToLostClient(problem) :void
- __respondsTo(verb :Verb, arity :int) :Boolean
- __whenBroken(reactor) :void
- __whenMoreResolved(reactor) :void
Constraints on revision of this protocol
No version of the Miranda protocol shall introduce a Miranda message which has the same verb but different arity as another Miranda message. Rationale: This ensures that if a plumbing object forwards messages, adding leading/trailing arguments, it will not invoke a Miranda method of the forwarding target.