Revision as of 23:01, 31 October 2011 by Reverse101
This page contains some helpful tips for people who are planning on learning E.
Where to start
- You should have basic knowledge of Java and its class path system.
- Download and install E
- Read the Walnut - it is the most concise text on the E language and library.
- Bookmark the ELib api.
- Either download the E source or open the e.jar (for example with unzip) and take a look around.
- You can get information about E objects by using the help() method. For example, open rune and enter:
You will get information about the ConstList class and its methods.
- Syntax-props-default.txt contains information about various language constructs not explained elsewhere at this point. In the E distribution, it is stored as:
- The source also contains a number of emakers that can be used when developing programs. For example:
Documentation and help
- The Walnut
- The ELib api
- Documentation on the ERights homepage. See List_of_papers
- The E mailing list. You can search the archives using google by including "site:eros-os.org" in the search field.